US: Diageo Chateau & Estate appoints sales VP
Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines (DC&E) has announced that Sean Penn has joined as vice president of sales for the west region of the US.
In this role, Penn will be responsible for leading the Diageo unit's west coast sales organisation and will provide leadership for the wines business, the division said today (8 December).
Penn has been working for Diageo for 12 years, and was recently vice president, general manager covering multiples in the west region for Diageo North America. Prior to joining the firm, Penn held sales roles for Coca-Cola and Southern Wine & Spirits.
He will be based in the Napa offices for DC&E.
Details of who Penn has replaced in the role were not immediately available.
What started yesterday (24 May) as a review of operations just in Europe for Diageo, has spread today to become a company-wide consideration of how to create "a more cost-effective organisation"....
Diageo's lack of presence in Cognac is a gaping chasm in its Asia-Pacific portfolio, but the drinks group is insistent that it has the tools for growth....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Why has Heineken made a Formula 1 U-turn?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview