US: Diageo Chateau & Estate appoints sales VP
Diageo Chateau & Estate Wines (DC&E) has announced that Sean Penn has joined as vice president of sales for the west region of the US.
In this role, Penn will be responsible for leading the Diageo unit's west coast sales organisation and will provide leadership for the wines business, the division said today (8 December).
Penn has been working for Diageo for 12 years, and was recently vice president, general manager covering multiples in the west region for Diageo North America. Prior to joining the firm, Penn held sales roles for Coca-Cola and Southern Wine & Spirits.
He will be based in the Napa offices for DC&E.
Details of who Penn has replaced in the role were not immediately available.
What started yesterday (24 May) as a review of operations just in Europe for Diageo, has spread today to become a company-wide consideration of how to create "a more cost-effective organisation"....
Diageo's lack of presence in Cognac is a gaping chasm in its Asia-Pacific portfolio, but the drinks group is insistent that it has the tools for growth....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research