UK: Delays hit AG Barr's facility upgrade
has faced “a number of operational challenges” related to the upgrade
AG Barr has said that it has been hit with delays to the upgrade of its Cumbernauld, UK site.
The Irn-Bru and Rubicon maker said in a trading update last week that it has faced "a number of operational challenges" related to the final stages of its GBP10m (US$16.4m) investment in the facility, situated near Glasgow. AG Barr has been busy restructuring its production facilities this year with the sale of its Mansfield plant in June and the upgrade of its Cumbernauld site.
However, the firm said that short-term capacity issues and higher costs during the first half of the year have delayed the upgrade at the Cumbernauld facility.
"Final installation activities are expected to be completed in the next few weeks and we anticipate a gradual improvement in our production capacity and efficiencies over the coming months," AG Barr said.
Last week, the firm told the market that it expects to report a 3.5% increase in first-half net sales, despite "increased competitive activity and unfavourable weather patterns".
In the second part of just-drinks' review of 2011, Michelle Russell looks at how the soft drinks category has fared in the last 12 months....
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Luxury rum heads for slowdown as US growth stalls
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts