SINGAPORE: Del Monte Pacific denies Suntory takeover talks
Del Monte says it is not speaking to Suntory
Singapore-based Del Monte Pacific has denied it has held discussions over a possible takeover with Japanese firm Suntory.
In a disclosure to the Philippines Stock Exchange late late week, Del Monte said that media reports linking it to the aggressive expansion plans of the Japanese food and drinks giant was false. Bloomberg reported that Suntory Beverage was looking to acquire Del Monte Pacific as it spends US$5bn on merger and acquisition deals to help double sales by 2020.
"Neither Del Monte Pacific Ltd nor its controlling shareholder, NutriAsia Pacific Ltd, nor its representatives, are in discussions with Suntory, its shareholders or representatives, with respect to any transaction purported by Bloomberg and other media," the filing said.
Del Monte Pacific launched on the Philippines stock exchange last month, the second listing for the food and drinks group after Singapore. The group has decided on a dual listing in Manila to widen its investor base and raise funds for future growth.
Suntory Holdings aims to reinforce its core business, carry out internal synergies in the Suntory Group, and develop new businesses. In order to achieve this, the company targets further cultivation o...
We've all had a chance to sleep on the big news from Monday, so how do things look in the clarity of the morning?...
Suntory Holdings Ltd aims to reinforce its position by strengthening its marketing and promotional campaigns that can offer new value and new ways for consumers to enjoy alcoholic drinks, and also by ...
Twinings entered into a sales and distribution partnership with Suntory Narang in the second half of 2012 to accelerate growth of its premium brands in the country. Under the agreement, the Twinings I...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Japan beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ana...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets