SINGAPORE: Del Monte Pacific denies Suntory takeover talks
Del Monte says it is not speaking to Suntory
Singapore-based Del Monte Pacific has denied it has held discussions over a possible takeover with Japanese firm Suntory.
In a disclosure to the Philippines Stock Exchange late late week, Del Monte said that media reports linking it to the aggressive expansion plans of the Japanese food and drinks giant was false. Bloomberg reported that Suntory Beverage was looking to acquire Del Monte Pacific as it spends US$5bn on merger and acquisition deals to help double sales by 2020.
"Neither Del Monte Pacific Ltd nor its controlling shareholder, NutriAsia Pacific Ltd, nor its representatives, are in discussions with Suntory, its shareholders or representatives, with respect to any transaction purported by Bloomberg and other media," the filing said.
Del Monte Pacific launched on the Philippines stock exchange last month, the second listing for the food and drinks group after Singapore. The group has decided on a dual listing in Manila to widen its investor base and raise funds for future growth.
We've all had a chance to sleep on the big news from Monday, so how do things look in the clarity of the morning?...
Eyebrows rose earlier this week at the US$16bn that Suntory is set to pay for Beam Inc. At 20 times the company's EBITDA, the transaction is at the more expensive end of the scale. Here, courtesy of a...
The rate of consolidation in the spirits category is markedly slower than that of many consumer industries. So, could the news this week that Suntory is set to buy Beam Inc trigger a wave of M&A? Past...
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US
- Carbonates in India