SOUTH AMERICA: Danone and Brahma unite to capture leading Uruguayan beer and water producer
French group Danone and Brahma, the Brazilian beer manufacturer owned by the giant Ambev, could soon take control of the biggest beer maker in Uruguay, Compania Salus.Ambev, the product of a merger between the Brazilian companies Brahma and Antarctica, has issued a statement saying it is negotiating a deal with Danone to purchase a controlling stake in the Uruguayan beer and mineral water company.Analysts believe that if the deal goes ahead, Danone will keep Salus' mineral water operations and Brahma will have Salus' beer producer Patricia, one of the top sellers in the Uruguayan market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research