SOUTH AMERICA: Danone and Brahma unite to capture leading Uruguayan beer and water producer
French group Danone and Brahma, the Brazilian beer manufacturer owned by the giant Ambev, could soon take control of the biggest beer maker in Uruguay, Compania Salus.Ambev, the product of a merger between the Brazilian companies Brahma and Antarctica, has issued a statement saying it is negotiating a deal with Danone to purchase a controlling stake in the Uruguayan beer and mineral water company.Analysts believe that if the deal goes ahead, Danone will keep Salus' mineral water operations and Brahma will have Salus' beer producer Patricia, one of the top sellers in the Uruguayan market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research