SOUTH AMERICA: Danone and Brahma unite to capture leading Uruguayan beer and water producer
French group Danone and Brahma, the Brazilian beer manufacturer owned by the giant Ambev, could soon take control of the biggest beer maker in Uruguay, Compania Salus.Ambev, the product of a merger between the Brazilian companies Brahma and Antarctica, has issued a statement saying it is negotiating a deal with Danone to purchase a controlling stake in the Uruguayan beer and mineral water company.Analysts believe that if the deal goes ahead, Danone will keep Salus' mineral water operations and Brahma will have Salus' beer producer Patricia, one of the top sellers in the Uruguayan market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 15 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report