SOUTH AMERICA: Danone and Brahma unite to capture leading Uruguayan beer and water producer
French group Danone and Brahma, the Brazilian beer manufacturer owned by the giant Ambev, could soon take control of the biggest beer maker in Uruguay, Compania Salus.Ambev, the product of a merger between the Brazilian companies Brahma and Antarctica, has issued a statement saying it is negotiating a deal with Danone to purchase a controlling stake in the Uruguayan beer and mineral water company.Analysts believe that if the deal goes ahead, Danone will keep Salus' mineral water operations and Brahma will have Salus' beer producer Patricia, one of the top sellers in the Uruguayan market.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends