USA: Dairy Mart Shareholders Seek Control
A group of dissident stockholders, citing more than $30 million in losses over the past several years, seeks to replace the board of directors of Dairy Mart Convenience Stores and explore a possible sale of the company.The group, which calls itself the Committee of Concerned Dairy Mart Shareholders, is led by former Dairy Mart president and CEO Frank Colaccino.In a news release Wednesday, the group said it has filed preliminary proxy materials with the Securities and Exchange Commission and will launch the ouster effort at Dairy Mart's May 25 stockholder meeting."The company has posted losing years over the past six and seems to be well on its way to another disappointing performance, said Colaccino, who ran Dairy Mart from 1988 to 1994.Dairy Mart reported a net loss of $900 million, or 17 cents per share for the quarter ended Jan. 30.If the takeover is successful, Colaccino said the new board would explore the company's possible sale.A Message seeking comment was left Wednesday night at the company's Hudson, Ohio, headquarters, which was closed for the day.Dairy Mart owns or operates approximately 600 retail stores in seven Midwest and Southeastern states. The company was formerly based in Enfield, Conn.Shares of Dairy Mart were unchanged Wednesday at $3.37 1/2 on the American Stock Exchange.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends