POLAND: D-Day for CEDC in Bialystok talks
Central European Distribution Corporation has been given until close of play today (4 July) to negotiate the purchase of a strategic stake in Polmos Bialystok, according to PAP.
CEDC's exclusive bargaining rights for the 61% stake have been extended to 1700 today, the Treasury Ministry said in a statement.
CEDC is the second firm to hold exclusive negotiation talks with the Polish Government for the stake after Belvedere-owned Sobieski Dystrybucja failed to secure a deal.
Both CEDC and Sobieski have encountered resistance from labour unions at the Polish distillers, with workers claiming that what CEDC had offered them was worse than what they had previously won prior to the distiller debuting on the stock market in May.
PAP Market Insider is the new English-language economic service covering equity & financial markets, macroeconomic and policy issues and key company news, published by the Polish Press Agency PAP.
With Poland's largest financial service in support (PAP Serwis Ekonomiczny) and with its own team of journalists and editors, PAP Market Insider aims to be both the most comprehensive source of news and reference on Polish markets for foreign readers and the top location for exclusive, market-moving news.
For more information, click here.
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- CCBA partner "in place by 2018" - Coca-Cola
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends