Product Launch - UK: Crush Wines' Q.E.D. South African Merlot
Click through to view Crush Wines' Q.E.D. South African Merlot
Crush Wines' Q.E.D. South African Merlot
Category - Wine, South Africa, Merlot, 13% abv
Available - From this month
Location - UK, in both on- and off-trade
Price - SRP of GBP9.99 (US$16.20) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Crush Wines
Crush Wines has launched a South African Merlot in the UK. Q.E.D. will also roll out into Germany, the BeNeLux countries and the Far East next year.
The wine is matured in 300-litre French oak barrels for 11 months prior to bottling.
Our inspiration for Q.E.D. came from the excellent Merlot that is grown on the Vondeling estate in the Voor Paardeberg region of Wellington. We wanted to show that stunning Merlots could be made in the Cape. Hitherto the region had concentrated on Pinotage and Shiraz. But with vines grown on granite soils with a touch of clay, good drainage, and the influence of the Atlantic coast’s prevailing cool winds, a perfect micro climate for Merlot exists.
Careful vineyard management and rigorous hand selection at vintage is followed by cool, natural fermentation. The winemaker, Matthew Copeland, is always looking for purity in a wine. There is minimal intervention during the winemaking process, nominal filtration and no fining. Maturation is in old 300lt. French oak barrels for 11 months prior to bottling.
Tasting note: Bright bramble berries, juxtaposed power and restraint. Seamless tannins, harmonious long finish.
Original source: Company Release
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research