US: Crown lines up Pacifico ad campaign
Crown Imports has unveiled its first US television advertisement for Modelo-owned beer brand Pacifico.
The advert features surfers, expatriates, chickens, pescadores, and travellers setting their schedule to "Pacifico Standard Time." It will run throughout 2007.
Crown, a 50-50 joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands, will also launch seven print and outdoor ads to follow up its "Mexico via Pacifico" print and outdoor campaign for the Pacifico brand last year.
Print ads will run in national magazines, including Backpacker, Blender, Esquire, Maxim, Men's Health, Playboy, Popular Mechanics, Rolling Stone and Sports Illustrated until the end of the year, the company said.
"Consumers are drawn to Pacifico's unique taste and adventurous lifestyle attributes," said Crown Imports' vice president of promotional marketing Kevin Kramnic yesterday (24 January). "The new 2007 advertising campaign continues to focus on Pacifico's prestige, which comes from the memories of travelling through Mexico, and its strong connection to that experience."
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
The UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) has said it has cleared the completed joint venture between Constellation Brands Inc and Punch Taverns PLC....
Constellation Brands board of directors has voted in a new CEO....
Constellation Brands' first-quarter profit has dropped 64%, while shares rose 4.2% beating analysts' predictions....
Constellation Brands is looking at acquisition that will boost its premium spirits portfolio, though it has reiterated that it is not interested in buying Absolut owner V&S....
Gaymer Cider Company plans to invest heavily in its flagship cider brand in the UK with the introduction of a new advertising campaign this summer....
Rodney Strong Vineyards has created a new position to focus on ultra premium outlets across the US....
Robert Mondavi has unveiled a smaller, portable version of its Woodbridge wine brand in the US....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets