US: Crown Imports targets football fans with Corona Extra pack
The packs will be available throughout the World Cup
Crown Imports has launched a limited edition pack of Grupo Modelo's Corona Extra beer brand in the the US.
The company, a joint venture between Modelo and Constellation Brands, is targeting football fans in the country in the run-up to and during the football World Cup next month.
The packaging, which will contain 18 bottles of Corona Extra, will feature specially-wrapped bottles commemorating the seven Mexican Soccer League (MSL) teams the Grupo Modelo brewery is aligned with in Mexico.
Teams represented in the packs include: Club de Fútbol América (Mexico City), Club Santos Laguna (Torreón, Coahuila), Club Deportivo Atlas (Guadalajara), Club de Fútbol Puebla (Puebla), Club de Fútbol San Luis (San Luis Potosí), Club de Fútbol Atlante (Cancún) and Deportivo Toluca Fútbol Club (Toluca).
The limited edition packs will be available at retail from 15 May to 15 July in selected markets in California, Nevada, Oregon and Washington.
Late last year, Modelo filed a lawsuit against Constellation, claiming the firm had failed to supply sufficient marketing funds for the joint venture.
Wells & Young's will be forced to cut jobs as a result of losing the rights to Corona Extra and Red Stripe lagers in the UK....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends