US: Courvoisier moves into cosmetics
Beam Global Spirits & Wine is to take Courvoisier Cognac into the world of cosmetics with the launch of a fragrance for men.
The company, the drinks arm of US conglomerate Fortune Brands, today (23 October) unveiled Courvoisier L'edition Imperiale at the Tax Free World Association fair in Cannes, France.
Beam has joined forces with Kraft International Marketing to produce the "cardamom, mandarin, tagette and coriander" fragrance.
Taking Courvoisier into cosmetics makes "perfect business sense", according to Larry Plawsky, global vice president of marketing at Beam. "The Courvoisier brand connects two luxury consumer lifestyle categories in a relevant and compelling way and provides Courvoisier consumers with an opportunity to indulge in another high-quality and opulent Courvoisier product."
The fragrance is aimed at 25- to 35-year-old men, who, Beam said, were "ambitious, determined and desire to succeed".
The eau de parfum will retail for over US$100 for a 75ml bottle while the eau de toilette will retail for slightly lower than US$100.
"We are very proud of the fragrance we've produced," said Paul Baron, vice president, marketing and brand development at Kraft International Marketing. "A great deal of artistry and craftsmanship has gone into developing Courvoisier L'edition Imperiale."
Rémy Cointreau has posted a slight lift in full-year turnover....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced a revamp of its Gilbey's vodka and Ronrico rum brands in the US....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has added a tropical bent to its DeKuyper line of cordials and liqueurs in the US....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has announced an MD change at its Sauza Mexico subsidiary....
Beam Global Spirits & Wine has lined up an off-trade promotion for its Jim Beam Black bourbon in the US....
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation today (21 March) confirmed that it is eyeing the Nordic operations of Absolut vodka owner V&S Group....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research