UK: Cott Beverages saves Sangs from administration
Sangs' operations were absorbed into Cott's global network of soft drink, juice and water bottling plants from 9 March
Cott Beverages has bought Scotland-based soft drinks company Sangs for an undisclosed sum.
Zolfo Cooper, the administrator for the ailing Sangs, said on Saturday (10 March) that the Aberdeenshire-based company has been "saved from collapse" by the UK subsidiary of US-based Cott Corp. Sangs began looking for a buyer in January after going into administration.
The UK soft drinks maker, which branded CSDs and juices and the MacB flavoured water brand, had been experiencing cash flow problems due to the "extremely challenging trading environment", Zolfo said at the time.
The move will secure the future of Sangs' 60 employees and will see the company's operations absorbed into Cott's global network of soft drink, juice and water bottling plants with immediate effect.
"We are delighted to see Sangs exit administration and it is now well positioned for the future," said Zolfo Cooper partner, Elizabeth Mackay. "We have always been of the mind that the people, products and provenance of this ... business had a great deal to offer any owner prepared to invest in and develop it and today's news clearly confirms that view."
Sangs operates a wholesale delivery business from its headquarters in Aberdeenshire and a distribution centre in South Lanarkshire.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends