Product Launch - UK: Cott Beverage's Emerge Zero
Click through to view Cott Beverage's Emerge Zero
Cott Beverage's Emerge Zero
Category - Soft drink, energy drink, sugar-free
Available - From this month
Location - UK, off-trade
Price - RRP of GBP0.35 (US$0.60) per can
Distribution - Cott Beverages
Cott has launched a sugar-free variant of its Emerge energy drink brand in the UK. The release of Emerge Zero will be backed by marketing and PR support throughout the year.
Last month, Cott announced plans for “a series of high-profile marketing activities in 2014” for the Emerge portfolio in the UK.
Emerge, the UK’s fastest-selling energy drink*, is expanding its refreshing range with a brand new sugar-free product.
Launched this month, Emerge Zero offers customers the same energising taste and great value that Emerge is known for without the traditional calorie content. The result of months of product development; Emerge Zero boasts a unique recipe that promises to be far more flavoursome than its competitors and hopes to bring a completely new taste sensation to the sugar-free market.
With an RRP of just 35p a can, and under 10 calories in each 250ml serving, Emerge Zero is the perfect choice for cost and calorie conscious consumers. Broadening its appeal even further, the product also boasts vibrant packaging and is set to be benefit from a schedule of marketing and PR support planned throughout the year.
With this latest launch, Emerge hopes to replicate the outstanding performance of the brand’s existing Emerge Sugarfree energy drink which experienced a huge 81% volume growth** during 2013 alone. Offering something new and unique to the low-calorie category, Emerge Zero will sit alongside the brand’s existing offering to ensure the range appeals to all areas of Emerge’s loyal customer base of 16-24 males and beyond.
Calli O’Brien, Brand Manager for Emerge, said: “The market for male-focussed, sugar-free drinks continues to be strong and we believe that 2014 is the year for innovation within this category. Emerge Zero is designed to taste like regular Emerge, without the sugar or the ‘diet’ or ‘light’ connotations that are so often are linked with sugar-free products.
“From the carefully-crafted recipe to the prominent can design, we’ve worked hard to deliver a product that we feel extremely confident in and we look forward to seeing how our customers and the wider market responds.”
Aiming to build on a record-breaking year for Emerge, this exciting development comes shortly after the brand announced its ‘out of this world’ marketing plans for 2014 that include its Face in Space campaign, student sampling and sponsorship of the UK’s leading gaming event, Insomnia.
Emerge Zero is already being sold throughout the UK in The Cooperative, Todays, and Nisa stores with further launches planned throughout the spring.
Original source: Company Release
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends