UK: Corona enjoys record sales
Mexican beer brand Corona has seen sales in the UK leap 30% during the first half of the year, becoming the second-largest premium packaged lager in the country.
The figures, from market analysts AC Nielsen, show that Corona enjoyed record monthly sales during June as it made further inroads into both the on- and off-trade.
Angel Garcia Gomez, who heads Corona Extra in the UK, said: "The growth strategy for the brand has been to focus resources on below-the-line initiatives and also to develop innovative, long-term marketing programmes to differentiate the brand from the competitors."
Local brewer Charles Wells distributes the brand, owned by Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo, in the UK.
The fact that bad news travels faster than good, and is certainly more likely to make the headlines, is not lost on UK soft drinks companies, so it is somewhat surprising that the British Soft Drinks ...
E&J Gallo Winery was the fastest growing wine producer in the UK last year, according to industry figures....
Anheuser-Busch has reported a 12% jump in profits during 2006 thanks to contributions from its stable of imported beers and growing sales overseas....
Gambrinus Co. is giving up distribution of a second imported beer brand in the US....
Mexico's Grupo Modelo and French group Nestle Waters have sealed their joint venture for the Mexican bottled water market....
Crown Imports has unveiled its first US television advertisement for Modelo-owned beer brand Pacifico....
Grupo Modelo has successfully appealed against an antitrust ruling in its home market....
The US beer distribution joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands is to include the St. Pauli Girl and Tsingtao beer brands in its portfolio....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CCE head shines light on price talks
- Interview: Head brewer at Hall & Woodhouse
- A-B InBev "regrets" Bud Light bottle message
- Diageo teams Johnnie Walker up with Entourage
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- MEPs call for calorie, ingredient facts on alcohol
- Bacardi opens Dewar’s Travel Retail whisky store
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research