US: Corona cans get new image for summer
Crown Imports has launched its redesigned Corona Extra 12oz can in the US in an effort to stand out at retail during the summer months.
The company said yesterday (14 May), that the new design will feature the Corona Extra logo on a blue metallic background, with a matching blue pull tab. A white border along the top section of the can features the Corona griffin. The cans will be shipped throughout the US in six-pack trays starting this month.
"With summer on the way, the convenience of Corona in a can is sure to be a hit with consumers who appreciate having Corona on every occasion," said Crown Imports vice president of marketing for Corona Timm Amundson. "The new, blue can first hit store shelves in Mexico to rave reviews, and we're excited to now be able to fill coolers in the US with this newly-designed can."
Crown Imports is a joint venture between Grupo Modelo and Constellation Brands that imports, distributes and markets the Modelo portfolio and other beer brands across the US. The Modelo portfolio includes Corona Extra, Corona Light, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo and Pacifico.
Following Constellation Brands' announcement yesterday (8 October) that it plans to acquire the South African winery Flagstone, Chris Losh fears that Flagstone's distinctive personality may be dulled ...
Mexican beer brand Corona Extra has entered a long-term exclusive sponsorship deal with country music star Kenny Chesney, the brand's US importer has announced....
Hardys has teamed up with the Australian Film Institute in a two-year partnership for the L'Oréal Paris AFI Awards....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a boost in profit for its third quarter, on the back of a broader portfolio and high end beer sales....
Constellation Europe has unveiled two additions to its Robert Mondavi portfolio in the UK....
Grupo Modelo has posted a marked lift in operating profits for the third quarter....
Carlsberg is set to take over the distribution of Modelo's Corona beer brand in Singapore and Malaysia from Asia Pacific Breweries....
North Lake Wines is introducing new packaging for Marcus James, the leading Argentine wine brand in the US, this autumn....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report