GLOBAL: Corby Distilleries' Lamb's Spiced gets taste, image refresh
Lamb's Spiced also has new packaging
Halewood International has reformulated a spiced expression of Corby Distilleries' Lamb's Navy Rum in a bid to broaden the brand's international appeal.
Lamb's Spiced was first launched in 2009, but failed to meet expectations, according to Halewood's international sales & marketing manager, James Wright. It was relaunched at the start of this year with a lower abv - from 37.5% to 30% - and a sweeter taste profile.
“We are looking at potential growth abroad and wanted to make sure we have a very clear matrix across all the different SKUs under the Lamb's brand,” Wright said of the reformulation. “The old Spiced didn't fit into that so we came up with what I believe is a very powerful liquid that mixes well. Initial feed back has been exceptional.”
Since the relaunch, Lamb's Spiced has secured a listing with 600 outlets of Tesco in the UK and will also enter Germany and Australia.
Wright said Halewood also redesigned Spiced's packaging to bring it in line with the original Lamb's Navy Rum. The previous bottle, which was green and yellow with a gecko logo, risked confusing consumers, he said.
Halewood is in charge of distribution for Lamb's Navy Rum, which is owned Corby Distilleries, outside of the US and Canada. Corby Distilleries is majority-owned by Pernod Ricard.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends