Product Launch - IRELAND: Cooley Distillery’s Single Pot Still Poitín
Cooley Distillery's Single Pot Still Poitín
Cooley Distillery’s Single Pot Still Poitín
Category - Spirits, Poitín (unaged Irish whiskey), single pot still, 65% abv
Available – From this month
Price: EUR30 (US$40) per 70cl bottle
Distribution: Cooley Distillery
Cooley Distillery has released a poitín to try to revive the fortunes of Ireland’s infamously strong white spirit, which was illegal for nearly 350 years. Made from malted and unmalted barley, the Single Pot Still Poitín is triple distilled and then bottled straight from the still at 65% abv.
With 1,800 bottles produced, the Poitín is only available at Dublin airport, Dublin’s Celtic Whiskey Shop and other specialist Irish off-licences. Cooley Distillery's managing director, John Teeling, said today (1 December): "We want to bring Poitín out from the shadows."
Our whisk(e)y specialist, Ian Buxton, has had his head turned this month by a glut of flavoured whiskies. Or, 'spirit drinks', if you're a European....
William Grant & Sons has switched distributors in Germany for its Tullamore Dew Irish whiskey brand....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research