USA: Constellation Reports 23% Increase in Second Quarter Earnings Per Share; Wine and Beer Lead Growth
Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE: STZ - news, STZ.B), today reported record results for the three months ended August 31, 2000 ("Second Quarter 2001"). Net income of $26 million represents an increase of 24 percent over net income of $21 million for the three months ended August 31, 1999 ("Second Quarter 2000"). Earnings per share on a diluted basis were $1.40 for Second Quarter 2001 versus $1.14 for the comparable quarter a year ago, an increase of 23 percent.Richard Sands, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and President of Constellation said, "We are very pleased with the results reported for the quarter and for the first six months of this fiscal year. Led by our North American businesses, we continue to drive sales and earnings growth, particularly in our beer and fine wine portfolio, which outperformed their respective industries. Net sales and operating income for our North American businesses grew eight percent and 21 percent, respectively. Additionally, our free cash flow exceeded earnings and we continue to pay down debt, thereby creating greater financial flexibility as we build a foundation for future growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages