USA: Constellation buys Ravenswood Winery for $148m
Constellation Brands has announced it is to acquire Ravenswood Winery in a deal worth $148m. The company will buy up all outstanding shares in Ravenswood for $29.50 and assume net debt, which it says will be minimal at the time of close. Constellation intends to finance the deal with up to one-third equity capital and the balance with debt. The company said the transaction and its related financings are expected to be neutral to earnings in Constellation's fiscal year ending February 28, 2002.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends