US: Constellation Brands unveils US$20m expansion
Demand has grown for Constellation
Constellation Brands is to invest US$20m in its Californian wineries to help keep pace with demand for its premium lines.
The investment will expand its growing, crushing, fermenting, storing and bottling capacities in the US state, Constellation said today (26 September). “The need for more land, fermenters, tanks and bottling lines is a direct result of the success of our brands,” said Jay Wright, president of Constellation's wine & spirits division.
Constellation’s premium portfolio, which includes Rex Goliath, Black Box, Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi, Clos du Bois and Mark West wines, has seen positive growth this year, Constellation said.
The expansion is expected to be completed by the end of 2013.
Constellation said it intends to add 15 to 25 employees to accommodate the increased production and operations activities.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends