Product Launch - US: Constellation Brands' Modelo Especial Chelada
Click through to view an image of the brand
Category – Beer, Chelada, 3.5% abv, 24-ounce can
Available – From this month
Location - Off-trade; California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Chicago from this month initially. Then, a national roll out in the first quarter of 2014
Price – SRP US$2.99 for a 24-ounce can
Distribution – Crown Imports
Crown Imports, Constellation Brands' US beer business, is launching its own Michelada brand this month.
Modelo Especial Chelada, with a 3.5% abv, combines the taste of the lager brand with tomato, salt and lime and comes in a 24-ounce can. It is a variation on a 'cerveza preparada', a Mexican beer mixed with tomato juice, hot sauce and salsa.
Crown Imports said the drink was “carefully crafted to deliver a true Mexican Chelada taste with the convenience consumers are seeking”.
It will initally launch in the off-trade in California, Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and Chicago, then roll-out nationally in the US next year.
Constellation Brands took full control of Crown Imports earlier this year, in the wake of Anheuser-Busch InBev's $20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo.
At ProWein 2014, Andy Morton sat down with Constellation's international general manager Philip Kingston to talk about its expanding global ambitions including a new tie-up in China for its Robert Mon...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Can fruit cider survive UK slowdown? - Focus
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part II
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- UK spirits producers braced for Brexit impact
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends