US: Constellation Brands denies Rosatello injunction claim
Click through to view the disputed labels
Constellation Brands has said it is “very disappointed” in a statement from San Antonio Winery that claims the Californian grower has won a legal injunction halting sales of Constellation's Rosatello wine.
Earlier this week, San Antonio Winery said that a Californian court passed the injunction after agreeing that the Rosatello packaging was too similar to San Antonio's Stella Rosa line. San Antonio called the ruling a “triumph” and said it would help to uphold its brand reputation.
However, in a statement late yesterday (13 March), Constellation said the ruling referred to an earlier, discontinued Rosatello label. According to Constellation, the court denied San Antonio's application to stop the use of the current Rosatello label design and the Rosatello trademark.
“We are very disappointed in the statement that San Antonio Winery issued this week,” Constellation said. “Rosatello is being relaunched this spring throughout the US and is wholly unaffected by the court finding.”
Constellation's management announced the launch of Rosatello during its half-year results release in October. It was described as “a sweet, low-alcohol wine targeted at Hispanic and urban female consumers”.
Constellation Brands, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compil...
Constellation Brands is the world’s second largest wine producer and, since the acquisition of Modelo’s US operations, the global leader in imported premium lager. This profile analyses the company’s ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets