US: Constellation Brands confirms Corona Light, Extra draught roll-outs
Distribution of Corona Light on draught is being widened in the US
Constellation Brands is expanding Corona Light on draught to around 35 US markets next month and plans to trial Corona Extra on tap.
The company said today (26 February) that it will launch Corona Light in the new regions from 10 March through its subsidiary, Crown Imports, following a “successful” launch in “key markets”. The new markets include New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles and Dallas.
Corona Extra will be made available in three test markets, also from 10 March.
“With draught beer accounting for approximately 10% of the industry as a whole we’re excited about the growth opportunity with both Corona Light and Corona Extra on draft,” said Jim Sabia, Crown Imports' CMO.
Both brands are owned by Anheuser-Busch InBev, but Constellation has full rights to the beers in the US. A-B InBev agreed to cede control of the brands in the US in the wake of its US$20.1bn takeover of Grupo Modelo last year.
Last month, Constellation’s CEO Rob Sands told analysts he expects Corona Light to overtake Pacifico as the company's biggest draught beer.
Constellation Brands, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev NVSA (ABI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report