S.AFRICA: Constellation and Stellenbosch launch JV
Constellation acquired BRL Hardy last year.
Stellenbosch Vineyards MD, Hermann Böhmer, said today that after the takeover there was a period of assimilation between the US and Australian companies.
"Constellation had to see whether it had the energy and will to start up a new joint venture. Being small, we had found a kindred spirit with the guys from BRL Hardy, where we felt our JV would not be swallowed by a big guy.
"The next minute the big guy got swallowed by an even bigger guy and we had to step back and see whether this would work.
"Once Constellation had sorted themselves out we were able to discuss it and then proceed. We now have listings in the UK, with both grocers as well as the wholesale trade, as well as Ireland and Scandinavia," said Böhmer.
He said a low-level launch of the range was underway in South Africa. Initially the brand would have a Chardonnay, a Shiraz and a Cabernet-Merlot and the aim was to grow it to at least a million case trademark.
"When you dealing with a company like Constellation you have to have volumes with at least seven zeros after the comma to even register on the radar screen. That is our opportunity and challenge for the future, he added.
A consortium led by Constellation Brands has made a tentative approach for Allied Domecq....
The Board of Directors of Constellation Brands, Inc. has declared a quarterly dividend on the company's 5.75% Series A Mandatory Convertible Preferred Stock, payable on 1 June, to shareholders of reco...
Constellation is expected to launch a counter-bid for Allied Domecq by the end of this month, according to press reports....
The Hardy Wine Company has posted a record grape harvest....
Constellation Brands is to launch a new Australian wine brand onto the US market through its North Lake Wines. The wine will be called Kelly's Revenge....
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Yesterday we ran a story that innaccurately gave details of plans by Constellation Brands to make job cuts at Robert Mondavi. In fact the cuts have already been made and the details of the restructuri...
Constellation has released details of the salaries for its leading executives next year....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends