CHILE/UK: Concha y Toro brings Diablo Ecoglass bottles to UK
Click again to see the new bottle for Concha y Toro's Casillero del Diablo
Concha y Toro has introduced an 'Ecoglass' lightweight bottle in the UK for it Casillero del Diablo wine brand.
The Chile-based firm, which began using the bottles in its domestic market in August, said yesterday (2 November) that the bottles have started hitting UK shelves in the past fortnight.
The Casillero del Diablo range is bottled in Bordeaux and Burgundy formats and the Ecoglass bottles, weighing 500g, will reduce the weight of the bottles by 12% and 13% respectively. The packaging change has contributed to a 700-tonne reduction in glass being used for bottles destined for the UK market, equating to a reduction in the amount of CO2 being used per annum of 140 tonnes.
Concha y Toro has forecast that the move to Ecoglass will result in a saving of 2,200 tonnes of glass per year globally.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits