INDIA/UK: Competition board green lights Diageo's United Sprits stake
Diageo first agreed on the deal in November
In a statement on its website yesterday (28 February), the Competition Commission of India said: “The proposed combination is not likely to have an appreciable adverse effect on competition in India”. The commission's approval is one of the regulatory hurdles Diageo must clear before it can complete the deal, announced in November.
In January, Diageo played down fears the deal will be delayed as the timetable for acquiring public shares was revised.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts