PORTUGAL: Compal teams with Osborne in Spain
Portuguese juice manufacturer Compal is poised to set up a joint venture with the Osborne Group in Spain.
The Portuguese juice manufacturer said late last week that it would team up with the Spanish firm, which will distribute Compal's juices, soft drinks and waters through the Osborne network.
The Spanish group has around 480 exclusive agents and sub-distributors and covers about 94% of the Spanish on- and off-trade.
The venture will be split 50-50 between the two companies and will have an initial working capital of EUR3m (US$3.96m). The venture plans to spend EUR30m in the next four years, specifically on marketing and the prevailing distribution channels.
Compal "will be responsible for the expansion of the portfolio of products" while "Osborne Group will take charge of the extension and control of distribution channels", the two companies said.
Final agreement on the deal will be signed this week, the Compal board added.
Compal is 80%-controlled by state-owned bank CGD and 20% held by soft drinks firm Sumolis.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- ASA bans Diageo's Captain Morgan UK ad
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review