US: Coke "to move into teas, coffees"
Coca-Cola Co. is reportedly set to move into the tea and coffee sector as it seeks to grow sales outside its core carbonated soft drinks stable.
The US soft drinks giant will this week announce plans to launch brands in both segments, according to a Reuters report on Friday (1 September).
The company is understood to have chosen Toronto as the location for the launch of a line of teas, coffees and lattes under the brand name Far Coast.
In March, Coke launched a coffee-infused cola, Coca-Cola Blak, in the US, three months after the product's debut in France.
Coke officials in Atlanta could not be reached for comment when contacted by just-drinks today.
The announcement of major restructuring and 3,500 job losses at Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) says as much about The Coca-Cola Company as it does about its largest bottler. Annette Farr examines the und...
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has seen its full-year profits fall by over 8% in 2006....
The Coca-Cola Co. has received official approval for its planned purchase of Fuze Beverage....
The Coca-Cola Co. has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking to buy Brazilian RTD tea producer Matte Leao....
The Coca-Cola Company plans to launch a version of Diet Coke enhanced with vitamins and minerals this year....
Coca-Cola Içecek (CCI), the Turkey-based Coca-Cola bottler, has secured funding worth US$200m to boost capacity across its five markets....
Coca-Cola West Holdings is looking to buy a large stake in another Coke bottler in Japan, according to reports....
Coca-Cola FEMSA saw profits inch up over 2% last year as raw material costs and growing competition weighed on earnings....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits