US: Coke revamps consumer and trade websites
Coca-Cola Co. has announced a relaunch of its consumer website.
The soft drinks giant said today (28 July) that the consumer site - www.coca-cola.com - forms part of its global marketing platform for Coke, entitled 'The Coke Side of Life'. Coke is hoping that the site's content will benefit from visitors' contributions.
"Throughout Coke's history, we have seen people use the brand, its icons and heritage as a creative source," said Marc Mathieu, senior vice president for global core brands at Coke. "In the 60's, it was Andy Warhol, today it's people all over the world on the Internet developing their own interpretations of the brand. With this site we want to give a further opportunity for these imaginative minds to be part of our creative process."
The goal of the site is to develop into a global user-generated content portal, the company said.
"The site will differentiate Coca-Cola from traditional company sites in that it will consist primarily of user-generated content," said Tim Kopp, vice president of global interactive marketing with Coke.
The company added that it plans to develop the site by adding new countries and new areas going forward.
The Coca-Cola Co. is to relaunch Fanta in India as it looks to tap into growing demand for fruit carbonates in the south of the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. has decided to advertise during the Super Bowl for the first time in nine years....
Coca-Cola Bottling Co. Consolidated has announced details of its next quarterly dividend....
The Coca-Cola Co. has insisted it is "business as usual" at the company after the US drinks giant decided to revamp its marketing, innovation and strategy units....
A unsigned, London-based ska band has secured an undisclosed fee from The Coca-Cola Co. after the US soft drinks giant used one of the group's music videos in a commercial without permission....
The former Coca-Cola employee at the centre of a conspiracy trial was angry with her employer and was behind the plan to steal and then sell on company secrets, a co-defendant has told a US court....
Coca-Cola Enterprises, the world's largest Coke bottler, could announce a swathe of job cuts in the US next month, according to local reports....
Coke bottler Coca-Cola (Japan) Co. is to recall over 130,000 bottles of soft drinks after rubber was found inside a bottle of Aquarius sports drink, according to local reports....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends