US: Coke ready to promote Kent - report
Coca-Cola Co. is reportedly ready to promote the head of its international operations to the position of chief operating officer.
The US soft drinks giant is grooming Muhtar Kent (pictured) to become its number two executive behind chairman and CEO Neville Isdell, according to a report in the Atlanta Journal - Constitution yesterday (15 October).
The report said the promotion would make Kent, 54, the leading candidate to replace Isdell, who could step down in two years.
Coke officials in Atlanta could not be reached for comment as just-drinks went to press.
Prior to rejoining Coke last year, Kent served as CEO and president of Efes Beverage Group from 1999. From 1995 to 1998, Kent was managing director of Coca-Cola Amatil-Europe, covering bottling operations in 12 countries. He first joined Coke in Atlanta in 1978.
Coca-Cola has decided to refer to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as 'sparkling beverages' in all its communications, at a time when major soft drinks producers are looking to address the unhealthy imag...
Cott Corp. is rumoured to be in talks with private equity firms to merge with the beverage arm of Cadbury Schweppes....
Coca-Cola Amatil has closed the book on bids for its South Korean bottling business....
Coca-Cola North America has extended its supply deal with Southwest Airlines....
PepsiCo is looking to block The Coca-Cola Co.'s purchase of a tea producer in Brazil....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has unveiled an executive appointment....
Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp. has made a move into its domestic non-carbonates category with the launch of a range of juices and RTD teas....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lined up a limited edition Coca-Cola for the UK, while dropping two Oasis variants in the country....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report