UK: Coke quashes Dasani revival prospects
Coca-Cola GB has described fresh claims that it might revive Dasani in the UK as "way off-beam".
A story in trade magazine Marketing Week yesterday (3 August) said that Coke GB was mulling the return of the ill-fated Dasani. The company pulled Dasani after its launch two years ago following a health scare and amid revelations that it was no more than treated tap water.
Marketing Week cited sources close to Coke saying that the return of Dasani was a "strong option" as it looked to re-enter the buoyant UK bottled water market. One source told the magazine: "Maybe with a strong look and GBP10m (US$19m) thrown at advertising we'll find consumers have short memories."
However, a Coke spokesman flatly denied that Dasani was part of the company's plans in the UK. "That's as off-beam as you can get. We have categorically said that we have no intention of relaunching Dasani in any way, shape or form," he told just-drinks.
The spokesman said Coke was "keen" on the water market but that it was too early to announce its plans to enter the category.
This week, The Coca-Cola Co. snapped up niche US firm Fuze Beverage. The acquisition signals a realisation from Coca-Cola Co. that it needs to bolster its presence outside the carbonates market in the...
Coca-Cola HBC is "exploring" the idea of producing the traditional Russian bread drink kvas....
The Coca-Cola Co. has bolstered its non-carbonates portfolio with the acquisition of US firm Fuze Beverage....
The Coca-Cola Co. has relaunched its flagship juice brand Minute Maid in Sweden and added two extensions to the range....
Coca-Cola Bottlers Philippines has been cleared of sacking 14 union officers unfairly....
Coca-Cola Espana has appointed Fernando Amenedo as its new general manager....
The Coca-Cola Co. is to relaunch its mineral water brand Malvern....
The Coca-Cola Co. is to relaunch Fanta in India as it looks to tap into growing demand for fruit carbonates in the south of the country....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report