US: Coke names senior VP, outlines dividend
Coca-Cola Co. has appointed a new senior vice president and confirmed details of its quarterly dividend.
Coke said yesterday (19 October) that Jerry Wilson will assume the position of senior vice president with immediate effect.
Wilson, who has been with the company since 1988, is currently the president of The McDonald's Division, where he is responsible for the company's global strategic business alliance with the fast food company in 120 countries. He reports directly to Coke's chairman and CEO, Neville Isdell.
Regarding the quarterly dividend, Coke announced that it will pay US$0.31 per common share. Payment will be made on 15 December to shareholders of record on 1 December.
Finally, Coke said it has established a majority vote standard for the election of directors. Each director will now be required to receive a majority of votes cast in an election, where previously a plurality vote standard was in place.
The original practice meant that, in an uncontested election, a candidate receiving any votes would have been elected even if more votes were withheld than cast in the candidate's favour.
In contested elections, where there are more nominees than directors to be elected, the plurality vote standard will continue to be used and the candidate receiving the most votes would be elected.
Coke described the change as "a further demonstration of the company's commitment to corporate governance best practices", which will "ensure an even higher level of accountability to Coca-Cola shareowners".
Coca-Cola has decided to refer to carbonated soft drinks (CSDs) as 'sparkling beverages' in all its communications, at a time when major soft drinks producers are looking to address the unhealthy imag...
Cott Corp. is rumoured to be in talks with private equity firms to merge with the beverage arm of Cadbury Schweppes....
Coca-Cola North America has extended its supply deal with Southwest Airlines....
PepsiCo is looking to block The Coca-Cola Co.'s purchase of a tea producer in Brazil....
Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company has unveiled an executive appointment....
Philippines conglomerate San Miguel Corp. has made a move into its domestic non-carbonates category with the launch of a range of juices and RTD teas....
Coca-Cola Enterprises has lined up a limited edition Coca-Cola for the UK, while dropping two Oasis variants in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. will next week launch Coca-Cola Zero in Sweden to further strengthen its position in the country's booming no-sugar carbonates segment....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015