US: Coke and Nestlé hit further trouble over Enviga
A US advocacy group has demanded the Federal Trade Commission take action against Coca-Cola and Nestlé for unlawful deceptive advertising for Enviga.
The Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) says the companies' claim that the green-tea-flavoured diet soda burns more calories than it delivers implies weight loss, which the companies refute, marketing it rather as a way to promote better health and a drink that "allows you to burn calories."
CSPI is also suing Coke and Nestlé in federal court on the issue, saying there's no basis for weight-loss claims, adding the commission has ruled such claims not mentioning the need for increased physical activity or decreasing caloric consumption are inherently deceptive.
Coca-Cola North America has unveiled a new television advert aimed at family audiences across the US....
Coca-Cola India is reportedly in talks to create a joint venture in the country with Tata Tea....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has endowed a professorship of consumer insight and marketing at the IMD business school in Lausanne....
Athens-based soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) is to form a joint venture partnership with Coca-Cola and the Italian coffee company Illycaffè to market ready-to-drink cof...
Coca-Cola Drycker Sverige AB has invested in its bottling facility, the company said today....
The Coca-Cola Co. has been asked by national campaigners to reveal the source of its Dasani brand bottled water in the US....
Japanese Coke bottler Coca-Cola Central Japan Co. has posted a 39.1% increase in net profit for the first nine months of the year to JPY2.57bn (US$22.4m)....
Investment bank Citigroup has raised its rating of Coca-Cola Enterprises to "buy" from "hold"....
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report