UK: Coke and Highland Spring deny rumoured talks
Coca-Cola GB has not been drawn on reports that it is in talks with Highland Spring, despite recent press speculation.
Speaking to just-drinks today (29 May), a spokesperson for Coke said: "The reports are pure speculation."
Highland Spring, owned by the Dubai based Tajir family, concurred: "We have no idea where these rumours started, but that's all they are," a spokesperson said.
The reports follow a recent citing that Coke is looking for deals in Scotland, with AG Barr being mentioned as a contender.
Press reports have suggested the drinks giant was on the verge of making a purchase in the country. "Coca-Cola is looking for a deal in Scotland," an industry source was cited saying in The Scotsman last week. "It is definitely doing a deal and something is due imminently. The name being talked about is AG Barr."
AG Barr owns soft drink Irn Bru and Strathmore bottle water.
Coca-Cola could be about to acquire the Highland Spring brand to revive its presence in the UK bottled water market. And, writes Annette Farr, Highland Spring’s recent decision to change its classific...
Nichols has announced two changes to its board, whereby its executive chairman continues the role in a non-executive capacity and its finance director is promoted to chief executive....
Coca-Cola North America has unveiled a new television advert aimed at family audiences across the US....
Coca-Cola India is reportedly in talks to create a joint venture in the country with Tata Tea....
Soft drinks giant Coca-Cola has endowed a professorship of consumer insight and marketing at the IMD business school in Lausanne....
Athens-based soft drinks bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling Company (CCHBC) is to form a joint venture partnership with Coca-Cola and the Italian coffee company Illycaffè to market ready-to-drink cof...
Coca-Cola Drycker Sverige AB has invested in its bottling facility, the company said today....
The Coca-Cola Co. has been asked by national campaigners to reveal the source of its Dasani brand bottled water in the US....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends