ROMANIA: Coca-Cola to close factory in Brasov
Coca-Cola HBC Romania has announced it will close its bottling factory in the central Romanian city of Brasov.
The operation will be relocated to its factories in Bucharest and Ploiesti. Coca-Cola HBC Romania operates five factories throughout the country in Bucharest, Ploiesti, Timisoara, Oradea and Iasi and payrolls some 2,500 employees.
The company's PR director Mugurel Radulescu said that in 2002 the focus would be on investments in technical equipment and establishing further partnership with Romanian companies.
Coca-Cola HBC Romania posted profits of €6.6m (US$5.9m) on turnover of €65.5m in 2000.
The last month has seen the launch of two prestige wines from South Africa, not hitherto a region renowned for super-premium offerings. But if these two take off, Chris Losh expects to see more super-...
A new public relations agency has been appointed for two of Coors Brewing Company's beer brands....
Coca-Cola HBC has reported rising underlying profits for the third quarter of the year....
Sweden's state-owned retail monopoly Systembolaget is launching an SEK8m (US$960,000) ad campaign to defend its hold on alcohol sales in the country....
Anheuser-Busch is to follow the US launch of its B(E) beer by rolling out the brand in the UK....
Cobra Beer has announced plans to launch Cobra Lower Cal/Lower Carb in the UK....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
The soft drink bottler Coca-Cola Hellenic Bottling said today that it had seen a strong first quarter volume performance, with sales of 311m unit cases, 4% above 2004 on a reported basis....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends