UK: Coca-Cola silent on AG Barr buy talk
Press reports from Scotland over the weekend have suggested the drinks giant is on the verge of making a purchase in the country. "Coca-Cola is looking for a deal in Scotland," and industry source was cited saying in The Scotsman yesterday (20 May). "It is definitely doing a deal and something is due imminently. The name being talked about is AG Barr."
The Scottish company owns soft drink Irn Bru and Strathmore bottle water.
Speaking to just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Coca-Cola GB said: "This is speculation - we will not comment on press speculation.
"We have always said it is our intention to be a major player in the bottled water category, but we have no plans to announce at this stage," the spokesperson continued.
AG Barr has also been linked to soft drinks company Nichols. The company is rumoured to have in recent talk with the Nichols family about the possible acquisition of the Vimto producer.
The Coca-Cola Co. is bracing itself for a fresh ethical onslaught in the UK next week....
The Coca-Cola Company has distanced itself from an "unsolicited" mini-tender offer launched by investment holding company K&N Value Select Corp....
Coca-Cola India is reportedly in talks to create a joint venture in the country with Tata Tea....
Coca-Cola FEMSA and The Coca-Cola Co. have successfully completed the acquisition of Mexico-based juice company Jugos del Valle....
The Coca-Cola Co. has been asked by national campaigners to reveal the source of its Dasani brand bottled water in the US....
K&N Value Select Corp has said that it aims to buy a stake in The Coca-Cola Co. via a five for four exchange offer....
The Coca-Cola Co. has sold the Minute Maid Building in line with its plans to move to Sugar Land, Texas, according to reports....
Remy Cointreau has launched its Piper-Heidsieck Champagne brand from a different viewpoint, with the bottle balancing on its top....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends