CHINA: Coca-Cola prepares Chinese R&D centre
The Coca-Cola Co. is set to invest US$80m in a new R&D centre and 'green' headquarters in China.
The R&D centre, the firm's sixth 'Global Innovation and Technology Center', will be five times the size of its current facility in Shanghai and focus on developing products for the Asian market, the group revealed yesterday (16 July).
"The investment…signifies our commitment to Asia and China, which is the future growth engine of the company's business, "said Doug Jackson, president of Coca-Cola China.
"The enhanced R&D and innovation capabilities will allow us to get better innovation to the market faster, capitalising on the huge growth opportunities in China."
The group will also build a new environmentally friendly headquarters - using solar panels and wind turbines - on the same site in Shanghai. Both are scheduled to be completed in late 2008.
China is Coca-Cola's fourth-largest market in terms of volume. It already has 29 bottling plants in the country and broke ground on its 30th facility today, in Shanxi Province.
RTD coffee producers are broadening consumption opportunities for their products in a move to overcome the perception that coffee is unhealthy, according to an industry report....
The Coca-Cola Co. is looking to invest in US-based soft drinks company Honest Tea, according to local reports....
The Coca-Cola Co. has successfully appealed against a court ruling in Argentina that said a campaign by Danone had not affected sales of Coca-Cola's Dasani water brand in the country....
The Coca-Cola Co. is not planning to find a replacement chief operating officer following last week's reshuffle announcement....
The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co. is set to stand down next year....
Jones Soda Co.'s chairman and CEO will step down from his position at the end of the year....
The Coca-Cola Co. has teamed up with the World Wildlife Fund to support polar bear conservation as part the drinks giant's commitment to climate protection in the US....
The Coca-Cola Co. is looking to invest in India over the next three years in an effort to expand its operations in the country....
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Pernod Ricard sends Martell Mumm PJ head to Asia
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research