SPAIN: Coca-Cola mulls energy drink launch - analyst
Coca-Cola's Spanish unit is considering launching a new energy drink in the country to tap into a growing market where brands such as Monster and Hell have launched recently, a Madrid-based analyst told just-drinks.
His comments followed Spanish media reports that the firm was on the brink of launching a new beverage as a follow-up to Burn, which has 20% of the Spanish energy drinks market, currently dominated by Red Bull, with 50%.
Coke Spain would not return messages seeking comment.
The analyst said: "This is something they are definitely planning as this market has huge potential in Spain." He would not comment further.
Coke's plans come as Monster and Hell launched recently in the country where energy drink sales were rising 10% a year before the recession hit in 2007. Last year, sales fell 0.7%, according to the analyst.
The Coca-Cola Co this week began construction of a bottling plant in Malaysia in the first step of a MYR1bn (US$285m) investment in the country over the next five years....
Hansen Natural Corp, producer of the Monster Energy drink, has authorised a share repurchase programme....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020