CAGE 2014: Coca-Cola Icecek keen to grow territory
Coca-Cola Icecek presented at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference this week
The head of Coca-Cola Icecek's parent company has expressed his desire to expand the soft drinks bottler's footprint, but has warned that such opportunities are limited.
Coca-Cola Icecek, which is majority-owned by Anadolu Efes, operates predominantly in Turkey, but also has presence in Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkmenistan, Jordan, Iraq, Syria and Tajikistan. Last year, the company saw volumes in Turkey inch up by 0.9%, while international volumes soared by 31.7%.
Speaking at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London yesterday (18 March), Damian Gammell, beverage group president of Anadolu Efes parent Anadolu Group, said that the Coca-Cola bottler is on the look-out for opportunities abroad. “Like all bottlers,” he said, “we'd like more territory. If you look at our balance sheet, you can see that we're in a good place.
“If the right opportunity came along, then we'd like to take it,” he continued. “There are not a lot of bottlers willing to sell at the moment, though. There's nothing on the horizon at the moment.”
To view the slides from Coca-Cola Icecek's presentation at CAGE yesterday, click here.
Anadolu Efes Biracilik ve Malt San AS - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
Alcoholic Drinks in Turkey industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
Alcoholic Drinks in Russia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains d...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review