SPAIN: Coca-Cola Iberian Partners to close four bottling plants
Coca-Cola Iberian Partners, a company created from the integration of seven Coca-Cola bottling companies in Spain, will shut down four of its 11 plants, a company representative has told just-drinks.
A final decision on which four plants will be closed as part of the reorganisation is expected next month. “This process will affect ... around 20% of Iberian Partners’ staff, or around 1,200 employees,” said an Iberian Partners spokesperson today (13 December).
“Internal relocations or early retirements will be offered" to encourage employees to volunteer as part of the changes, the spokesperson said.
He added: "That means that, at the ends of negotiation period, the final number of redundancies would be significantly lower."
The reorganisation will allow Iberian Partners to operate as a more agile, efficient and competitive company, he explained.
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends