BRAZIL: Coca-Cola FEMSA to build Brazil plant - report
Coca-Cola FEMSA will build the plant in the state of Minas Gerais
Coca-Cola FEMSA is to build a US$146m bottling plant in Brazil, according to reports.
Latin America's largest Coca-Cola bottler is to build the plant in the state of Minas Gerais in a bid to meet surging demand, Bloomberg reported today (5 May). The facility is expected to have an annual production capacity of around 2.1bn litres by 2015.
Coca-Cola FEMSA could not be reached for confirmation.
Last week, the company's CEO, Carlos Salazar Lomelin, told analysts that it plans to expand capacity and improve efficiency in Brazil in order to satisfy rising demand and offset rising costs.
Lomelin said, "there is a lot of work to do in Brazil" as a result of capacity constraints in the country. The soft drinks bottler is hoping for 5% to 6% volume sales growth in the country in 2011.
Heineken can largely thank Africa for the surprise rise in sales in the third quarter of its fiscal year, with the much-vaunted FEMSA Cerveza business in Mexico a late developer....
Heineken has said that it is on track to meeting full-year profits guidance, despite seeing net sales come under pressure from currency in its fiscal third quarter....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Rum "yet to maximise" GTR potential - Bacardi
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends