COLOMBIA: Coca-Cola Co unveils ice bottle - video
Coca-Cola Co has released a bottle for its trademark brand made entirely out of ice.
The frozen bottles, which are only available in Colombia, are made in special moulds to resemble the traditional Coca-Cola glass bottle, Coca-Cola said. The bottles are then filled with Coca-Cola and transported to beachside bars, where the company claims on its website they have made “quite a splash”.
A red Coke-logoed band stops consumers getting cold fingers and doubles as a keepsake once the bottle melts, the company added.
Coca-Cola said the bottles are an “experiment” and has no plans to roll them out further.
However, the group has been using packaging innovation across its markets to help rejuvenate interest in its core brand, as CSD sales continue to fall in developed regions.
It is also rolling-out a "slimline" 25cl can across Europe, the company announced this week.
The American Beverage Association (ABA) has said a report that claims US soft drinks makers are ahead of a calorie cut-back plan proves public and private sector co-operation can produce "real, tangib...
Epicurex, the "exotic" beverage maker, is eyeing a nation-wide US footprint this year for its coconut water brand Cocozia after signing a distribution deal with United Natural Foods Inc (UNFI). ...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research