INDIA: Coca-Cola Co to set up independent drinks division - report
Coca-Cola's independent business channel will innovate, sell and distribute its soft drinks
The Coca-Cola Co is to create an independent division in India to facilitate the innovation and development of its soft drinks, according to reports.
The independent business channel will innovate, sell and distribute Coca-Cola's Minute Maid juices, Burn energy drinks, Fanta powder drinks and Schweppes mixers, the Economic Times reported on Friday (9 December). The unit will also manage any still soft drinks launched by Coca-Cola in the future.
According to the Economic Times, Milind Pingle, who is VP of company operations in India's central region, will head up the new unit that will employ around 200 to begin with. The division will be set up in phases across different markets in the country over the next three years.
The move comes a month after Coca-Cola announced a $2bn investment in India over the next five years, equalling what the company has spent in the past 18 years in the country.
Coca-Cola India could not be reached for confirmation.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts