GLOBAL: Coca-Cola Co to "mobilise" behind anti-obesity drive - CEO
Coca-Cola launched an anti-obesity ad last week
The head of the Coca-Cola Co wants to use his company's marketing might to drive home anti-obesity education.
At the World Economic Forum in Davos today (24 January), Muhtar Kent told Bloomberg TV that the solution to obesity is awareness. “Professionally and personally, I would not feel right if I did not mobilise all the resources of my company to be part of this solution,” he said.
“Because we are a marketing company and a marketing business of brands, we believe that we can provide critical awareness to consumers.”
Last week, Coca-Cola unveiled an anti-obesity ad in the US and admitted it has an “important role” to play in the fight against the health issue.
The interview can be viewed below.
Coca-Cola Co's chief executive Muhtar Kent has argued that the group's second quarter performance is an "anomaly" caused by a combination of uncontrollable factors and not a "systemic" issue. ...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends