CAGE 2014: Coca-Cola Co readies Coke Life global roll-out
The Coca-Cola Co presented at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference this week
The Coca-Cola Co is looking to expand the footprint of its part-stevia sweetened Coca-Cola Life brand beyond its initial launch in Argentina.
In June, the company released mid-calorie Coke Life, which is sweetened with stevia and sugar and contains 64 calories per 12oz serving, in Argentina and Chile. At the time, the company declined to comment on whether the roll-out would be widened to other markets.
However, speaking at the Consumer Analyst Group Europe conference in London yesterday (18 March), CFO Gary Fayard confirmed that the brand extension will be available elsewhere this year. Fayard, who is set to retire next month, did not give specific market details.
“Coca-Cola Life has been a success in Argentina,” said Fayard. “The brand has also brought consumers back into the NARTD (non-alcoholic ready-to-drink) category in the country.
“The Coke Life brand in different variants will be introduced in different markets around the world this year.”
Fayard also said that there has been “a lot of research within the industry” into different sweetener systems. “None of those are ready yet, but it's getting much closer” he added. "There's a lot out there and there's a lot that is very exciting."
This month, Richard Corbett looks at the Middle East, a region that offers a wealth of opportunities to the soft drinks and bottled water category....
Plimsoll’s Coke Producers (Global) analysis is the most definitive and accurate study of the Coke Producers (Global) sector in 2013. The report is split into two sections and uses both a written and ...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends