US: Coca-Cola Co launches “longest goal celebration” campaign
Coca-Cola launches "longest ever goal celebration" promo
The Coca-Cola Co has launched a 2010 FIFA World Cup competition to invite consumers to contribute to “the longest-ever online goal celebration”.
The digital campaign, launched yesterday (4 May), invites fans to film and upload their own goal celebrations to www.YouTube.com/Coca-Cola or http://celebrations.coca-cola.com.
Submitted clips will be edited into a continuous ‘loop’ to create a "non-stop celebration” that will air on the website throughout the year, the firm said.
The campaign offers consumers the chance to win a range of prizes, including three televisions and seven VIP experience packages that include flights, accommodation and 2010 FIFA World Cup match tickets.
“The ‘Longest Celebration’ is the most ambitious attempt to connect fans across all continents … even if they are not in the stadium,” said Emmanuel Seuge, group director, worldwide sports and entertainment marketing, Coca-Cola.
Last month, the firm reported a 20% increase in first-quarter net profits.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends