US: Coca-Cola Co appoints CEO for ‘Refreshments’ spin-off
Cahillane appointed CEO of Coca-Cola Refreshments
The Coca-Cola Co has appointed a president and CEO for Coca-Cola Refreshments, the business created through the acquisition of Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) North American operations earlier this year.
Steve Cahillane, currently president of the North American business unit for CCE, will take up his role once the acquisition has been completed, the firm said today (20 April).
Coca-Cola Refreshments will be the sales and operational element of the North American businesses. It will integrate four business components; CCE North America, CCNA Foodservice, the Minute-Maid/Odwalla Juice business, and CCNA Supply Chain Operations.
"I have every confidence that Steve has the right experience, capability and leadership qualities to fully leverage the opportunity offered by Coca-Cola Refreshments," said Coca-Cola's chairman and CEO, Muhtar Kent.
Coca-Cola first announced the deal, which will see the firm have direct control over around 90% of its total North America volume, in February.
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets