US: Coca-Cola Co adds bank head to director's board
Coca-Cola has added to its directorship
The Coca-Cola Co has appointed the head of bank Santander's UK operations to its board of directors.
Ana Botín, 52, takes on the role immediately, Coca-Cola said on Friday (19 July). Botín is CEO of Santander UK, a subsidiary of the Santander Group. Coca-Cola called her an “internationally recognised leader in the banking industry”.
“Her knowledge of global macroeconomic issues, experience as an entrepreneur and commitment to sustainable communities will be invaluable as we continue to grow and develop our business around the world,” said Coca-Cola chairman & CEO Muhtar Kent .
Meanwhile, Coca-Cola's head of strategy and planning Brent Hastie has been elected a VP of the company, Coca-Cola said. Hastie, 40, first joined Coca-Cola in 2006, when he held roles including chief strategy officer for Coca-Cola Refreshments. He was appointed VP, strategy and planning last week.
Last week, Coca-Cola blamed poor weather for a drop in first-half sales and profits, with one analyst casting doubt on the company's H2 prospects.
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
TechNavio's analysts forecast the Global Bottled Water market to grow at a CAGR of 5.4 percent over the period 2012-2016. The population is increasing in many countries and this is one of the key fact...
Cía Servicios de Bebidas Refrescantes, the local bottler of The Coca-Cola Co, has overcome difficulties derived from the economic recession to resist the constant pressure from private label, in most ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets