US: Coca-Cola Bottling Co Consolidated posts FY profits rise
- FY net profits 2% to US$27.7m
- Net sales up 2% to $1.64bn
- Operating profits down 2% to $73.6m8
CCBCC released its results yesterday
Net profits in calender 2013 were up by 2% to US$27.7m, the US bottler said yesterday (5 February). Net sales increased by 2% to $1.64bn over the same period while operating profits fell by 2% to $73.6m.
Fourth-quarter numbers were impacted by a one-off $7.3m payment to settle pension obligations. In the three-month period, CCBCC posted a $4.6m loss compared to a $1.8m gain last year. Net sales were up by 2% to $394.3m.
The results were an improvement on last year, when net profits dipped by 5%.
Chairman & CEO J Frank Harrison said: “Despite challenging industry conditions throughout the year, a combination of revenue growth, more favourable raw material cost trends and lower financing costs allowed us to grow comparable net income by almost 8%. While delivering these results, we continued to work on a definitive agreement to expand our franchise territories.”
CCBCC said the expansion plans - part of an initiative by Coca-Cola to return to a franchise model in North America as opposed to owning bottlers - had incurred “additional costs” on the company.
CCBCC's share price dipped when markets opened yesterday but ended the day up slightly.
To read the company's full statement, click here.
Canadean's "HOKKAIDO COCA-COLA BOTTLING CO., LTD. - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, ma...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China