AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil recruits ex-Scottish & Newcastle chief
Coca-Cola Amatil brings aboard Tony Froggatt
Coca-Cola Amatil has appointed the ex-CEO of Scottish & Newcastle, Tony Froggatt, as a non-executive director.
Froggatt will join the soft drinks firm's board from December, it said today (1 November). Froggatt was CEO at Scottish & Newcastle until he retired in October 2007, shortly before the business was bought and carved up by Heineken and Carlsberg.
His appointment will specifically boost Pacific Beverages, Coca-Cola Amatil's brewing joint venture in Australia with SABMiller.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA), partly due to its tie-up with SABMiller, has been repeatedly linked with a bid for Foster's Group's Australia beer business, Carlton & United Breweries. However, CCA's chief executive, Terry Davis, reiterated last month that he "can't make the numbers work".
It would appear that SABMiller's troops have been ordered to stand down for the time being. Developments in Australia yesterday (21 March), regarding the brewer's Pacific Beverages joint venture with ...
The recent attempt by Asahi Breweries of Japan to buy P&N Beverages has led Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd to delve into the bedrock of the current ownership status of Australia's beverage industry wi...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Rekorderlig Deal Sees Molson Coors Miss Out
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- C&C Group chairman backs CEO amid turmoil
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights