AUS: Coca-Cola Amatil opens Perth facility
The new facility forms part of Coca-Cola Amatil's capital infrastructure programme for Western Australia
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) is to open a AUD60m (US$60.3m) distribution centre in Australia.
The Hazelmere, Perth-based facility, which will officially open today (29 November), forms part of the company's capital infrastructure programme for Western Australia, CCA said. It will also be the first distribution centre operated by the Coca-Cola bottler in Australia that manages the firm's full portfolio of soft drinks, CCA said.
The Hazelmere facility is one of two capital projects being undertaken by CCA in Western Australia, forming a AUD100m total investment. The company has invested in PET 'blow-fill' technology at its Kewdale production facility. It will enable the company to design and manufacture its own PET beverage bottles.
Last month, CCA reiterated its expectation that it will buy the Foster's Group assets it is entitled to under the terms of SABMiller's proposed takeover of the Australian brewer.
This month, Ray Rowlands of Drinksinfo Ltd revisits the energy drinks category to see what has been going on in the evolution of what has been the soft drinks industry's star performer in recent years...
Coca-Cola Amatil's surprise decision to rebuff its right to buy Foster's Group's spirits business could leave SABMiller out of pocket....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent the last 20 years diversifying its portfolio. Where once the rest of the stable cowered in Coke's shadow, more of the company's brands are now grabbing the spotlight and del...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015